If you just need your website data encrypted, and are not worried about web-browser warnings you can generate a self-signed SSL certificate for free.
When you access a self-signed SSL website from your web-browser, you will get an self signed SSL warning. You can simply safely click on Proceed anyway to still get to the website.
When you're on your website if you click on the SSL padlock icon, you can see the reason we got a warning is because the website's identity has not been verified. This is because we used a self-signed SSL certificate and it wasn't verified by a 3rd party Certificate Authority.
To setup a self-signed certificate, simply follow the steps below.
1. Log in to your cPanel account
2. Select TLS / SSL Manager.
3. Click Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
4. Under the Generate a New Certificate section, enter the domain name as www.DOMAINNAME (where DOMAINNAME is your domain)
5. Complete the shown fields, then click Generate SSL
6. Return to the TLS / SSL Manager then click Manage SSL sites.
7. Click Select Domain, selecting the domain name which needs its own SSL cert (Self-Signed), then click auto-fill by domain
8. Finally, click Install Certificate.
Within a few minutes the site will then use its own self-signed SSL certificate.
We also provide GeoTrust SSL Certificates for business users; please click on the following link to find out more information and pricing on GeoTrust SSL Certificates.
Looking for reliable and affordable web hosting with Dedicated Customer Support?
Get your web hosting today and receive a FREE domain for Life. All plans come with our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!