You can use autoresponders to send a message back automatically to anyone who sends an email to a certain account. This can be useful for times when you are on holiday or unavailable, or if you have a generic message that you wish to send for a support email address.
To set an auto responder, please click on the Autoresponder icon in Email section.
On the next page, please click on the Add Autoresponder button. You will be redirected to a new page where you can create your response message.
From here you can create the auto responder. There are many options you will need to input in order for the auto responder to work.
- The Character Set allows you to change the character set that the e-mail is sent it. The default is utf-8, which should work for most users.
- The Interval allows you to put a delay on when the auto responder will reply back to the person that e-mailed you. If set to zero, the system will respond as soon as the e-mail is received.
- The Email section allows you to specify which e-mail you want the system catch e-mail for.
- The From section allows you to specify a name of for the from line on the e-mail.
- The Subject line allows you to specify what the subject of the e-mail will be.
- The HTML checkbox allows you specify whether the body of the e-mail contains HTML or not.
- The Body section allows you to specify what the body of the message is going to be.
- The Start and Stop sections allow you to specify the times you would like the auto responder to be active. By default, the responder will start immediately and have no end date.
In addition to these options, cPanel provides three tags that can be used to personalize the message the auto responder sends.
- The %subject% tag allows you to put the subject of the e-mail sent to auto responder in the message.
- The %from% tag allows you to put the name of the sender in the message, but only if it’s available.
- The %email% tag allows you to put the incoming e-mail into the message.
Once you are happy with the auto responder, clicking on the Create/Modify button will create the auto responder itself. cPanel will bring you back to the main page where you will be able to modify or delete the auto responder as needed.
If you have any issues, please don't hesitate to open a support ticket and we'll be glad to help you as soon as possible.
Looking for reliable and affordable web hosting with Dedicated Customer Support?
Get your web hosting today and receive a FREE domain for Life. All plans come with our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!